@PaigeWillAlwaysLaugh’s Meme of the month: January

Paige Smith, Business Editor & Columnist

Hey guys, it’s @PaigeWillAlwaysLaugh here with the meme of the month. Wow! I haven’t done a meme of the month since last year! (ha ha see what I did there). The meme of the month this month is AirPods. And before you ask, no, I don’t own a pair of AirPods (I’m cool but not that cool).

The meme originated when Apple released the wireless earbuds, and not everyone was a fan. Some people claimed that they would fall out or just looked plain ridiculous in your ears, but when the holiday season rolled around everything changed. All of a sudden, so many people were purchasing them that they were selling out in many locations, and after many students received them for Christmas, the AirPods became an item for the “social elite or rich” (which makes no sense to me because most high school students have their parents buy them). But hey, either way it’s a funny meme.

The funniest comments I’ve heard from people wearing the wireless earbuds are “I don’t speak poor” and “It smells like broke in here.” — or my favorite “ArE tHeSe wIrEs?” (as if they didn’t have wired earbuds two weeks ago). Even though I personally still get mockery for wearing my wired earbuds, I can’t deny that this meme had potential.

I have to give this meme 1 out of 5 harambes; although extremely funny, it has gotten slightly annoying and doesn’t make the most sense. Let’s just say, it got old very fast and people became tired of hearing about it, kinda like Logan Paul. After a while, it becomes too much. Before the holidays it was a great funny meme, but by the time January arrived, it became plain annoying (also like Logan Paul). Let’s just say, if I ever see a pair of AirPods again, it will be too soon.