Inside the Spring Fling’s potential return

Posters, flyers and banners have been posted across the school to publicize the event.

Ben LeGrand

After the football season, there is a distinct lack of school events in which students can participate. Aiming to combat this lack of winter-spring events, Neuqua is attempting to put on a spring dance. Homecoming is something that students look forward to every year, hopefully the so-called Spring Fling can be too. “This year we had a lot of student interest from multiple groups in bringing back something in the winter or spring,” said assistant principal Melissa Wilson. However, there is a caveat: the dance won’t happen unless enough tickets are sold, “We have to sell 1250 tickets in order for the dance to go on. Which seems like a lot, but we have over 3,000 students so it’s about half of the student body.” added Ms. Wilson about the ticket goal, “Our administration team is really committed to making this happen if we can sell tickets.” Tickets will be on sale starting Nov. 28 through Dec 9. When asked where students could purchase tickets for this event, Ms. Wilson stated that “You have to purchase tickets through pushcoin for the reason that, if we do not sell enough, then we can easily refund everybody.” Spirit week will happen even if we don’t sell enough tickets and it will be from Mar. 6-11. Ms. Wilson also confirmed that, “the DJs that were at homecoming have already committed to being here if the dance does happen.” Thinking of this as a spring Homecoming, many students have high hopes for the event. The Spring Fling can bring back some missing school excitement to the spring season. You can find more information at https://www.neuquastudent.org/