Two protests in pictures

February 11, 2022

In these photographs, two protesters display very similar signs. There are very different meanings behind each sign, and it seems as if parents are trying to equivocate wearing masks in school to suffocation.

Photo No. 1

Sachin Fong

Photo No. 1

This photo was taken at Neuqua Valley High School on Feb. 11, 2022. Displaying a sign that read ” THEY CAN’T BREATHE,” individuals gathered around Circle Drive to protest the mask mandate as students were dropped off to attend school.

Photo No. 2

Gabe Pierce

Photo No. 2

This photo was taken on June 2, 2020. In support of the Black Lives Matter movement, a man holds a sign upside down that reads “I CANT BREATHE,” and in the lower right corner, the sign also reads “RIP GEORGE FLOYD.”

View Comments(1)
Donate to The Echo
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Neuqua Valley High School. Your contribution will allow us to print our next newspaper edition as well as help us purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Sachin Fong, Editor-in-Chief

Sachin is a senior and a second year member of The Echo. He is involved in Track and Field, Cross Country, photography and music. He has a dog, and she...

The Echo • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Echo
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (1)

The Echo intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards.
All Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• I

Inna KaganFeb 11, 2022 at 9:26 pm

Great pictures Sachin!

Reply
1