Milyn’s Meddlesome Mentions

Milyn Ross, Staff Writer

Hello beautiful people! It is now second semester and this is the very first edition of Meddlesome Mentions in 2020! Are y’all excited? Because I am definitely excited. Sorry I haven’t added to this column in a minute there were other pressing matters to get to. Don’t worry though, Milyn has been meddling and I have some good ones for you. So let’s just get right to it.

“The scariest thing I’ve ever seen: a child.”

I hope y’all are thinking about what I’m thinking about. That vine when the characters in the show are in the conference room and he says “there’s only one thing worse than a rapist…” and then he rips off the paper cover it and the other guy goes “a child” and he’s like “No” because that’s not what it’s supposed to be at all. But come on, let’s be honest here children can be absolutely terrifying. Especially when they don’t get their way or something then it all goes downhill let me tell you. They start throwing all their limbs everywhere and anywhere and they don’t care who they hit because all they want is the thing that they saw.

“When I get home, I want to take a long bath in Dr. Pepper.”

Why? Just why…? I don’t understand what the appeal would be here. I don’t know. Maybe I am missing something here, but all I can imagine is those fizzy bubbles and that does not seem like something I would want on my body. When you get out of it, you’re gonna be all sticky and then after that if you try to towel dry of you’re gonna have all these fuzzy things  on your body. I just am not seeing why you would even want to do it. But maybe I am missing something you know; someone explain it to me if you actually see the appeal to this.

“I hope this guy spits on me when I go to the concert.”

I don’t know who you are going to see in concert but… please don’t want that. Spit is really bad. I don’t like this. You are valuable, and I don’t know who needs to hear this but like… SPIT is really disrespectful. I’m probably not even allowed to say this but if someone spits on me, it’s over. That’s like the worst thing that you can do. But I guess to each their own, so if you want someone to spit on you then it’s okay. However, I would urge you to NOT want to get spit on because it’s nasty.

“Don’t tell anyone… well, a lot of people already know… but don’t like SPREAD it.”

I don’t even know why this is so funny to me, but like, I think it’s so funny, you know. This girl is like telling her friend not to spread AS she’s spreading the very thing she doesn’t want to be spread. But we can’t just come for her because we are all guilty of it. We pass on the juiciest gossip that we heard that day because it’s interesting. I don’t think people should do it, but it’s so easy to get caught up in it. Also at the same time, I guess if it’s your business to tell I guess it’s a little different but if you’re just passing on something that Billy told Jilly that got told by Sally because she heard it from Jamie and it’s about Sam, then I don’t think that’s right and I think that we all need to start making a conscious effort to not do that anymore.

“It’s in the water but you ride it on land.”

Okay so I actually have a bit of context for this one. Basically they were playing charades and he was trying to explain seahorse without actually using any of those words. I’m gonna be completely honest and I really don’t know how to feel. I think he could’ve said something a little different. Maybe something like “the thing that Spongebob rode on” and then maybe the fact that “only the males get pregnant” I don’t know. But there is a bunch of stuff that he maybe could’ve said that would’ve been better for his groups you know.

Alright that’s a wrap on this edition of Milyn’s Meddlesome mentions. Thank you for spending a little bit of your time reading my work. I hope you guys like them, and if you have any crazy quotes that you want me to interpret then leave them in the comments. These quotes honestly make my day, and I appreciate you my fellow Wildcats for indulging in this tomfoolery with me. Hear you next time!